Tuesday, March 07, 2006

that would be mother to you...

So as many of you know, I am a youngin... like much younger than most of my friends, but i have this odd habit of taking over and becoming everyones mother... ya like i said weird...

It has come to the point where people think i am my siblings mother, and my friends call me mommy SLASH sexy mamma aka momma...

It all started 5 years ago.. I was in King of Persia with my mom and my 2 siblings and we were stuck in the hotel with this humongous shopping center (which is how the hamlet got its name.. i kid you not)... and instead of shopping my brother, sister and I decided to go to the gym next door (ya why we chose that over the mall.. i will never understand)... Anyways, so we get there and instead of swim, I decide to pull up a chair and read a trashy romance...

Since i am fully entranced in the world of Annie and Forcade (characters from the book)... My brother and sister, who at the time were 15 and 16 with me having just turned 18... decided to go into the Hot tube.. well for those of you who don't know, in most gyms you have to be over 18 in order to be in the hot tube or accompanied by an adult.. So the life guard pulls them out of the tube and brings them over to be. The next thing i know, the life guard is telling me "Ma'am, your children are not allowed in the hot tube unless you would like to get in with them because they aren't of age yet. Please tell your children that they cannot swim in the hot tube without parental accompaniement." And he turns and walks away...

I was just sitting their mouth agape.. thinking double-you tee times eff.. did he just call me they're mother??? hullo, i would have had to be 16 moths at the time of my sisters birth.. I DO NOT think soo.... ewww conception at 5 months.. oh dee gee times a million...

I quickly threw the memory out of my mind when not two months later, my sisters friend who has met my mother on numerous occasions, asked my sister why her mother didn't come with her to the door to drop her off.... and my sister was like my mom isn't even here... that was my sister...

Needless to say, it has happened quite a few times, with the most recent asking me if i was my mothers older sister.. I hope like hell i have my mothers genes in the future cause damn.. if i look that old now.. can you imagine 20 years from now.. ewwwww.. scrambled eggs.....

So it doesn;t bother me anymore for people to ask.. i have a score board going at home with my siblings to see how many times people mistake me for being much older than i am.. I guess it is just cause i am the oldest and i feel personally responsible for everyone and everything...

Next thing you know i am baking cupcakes for the boyz (who ironically are much older than me by a few years) on thier b-days to take to class for their friends.. and am waiting at home for their father with dinner.. hahaha ya like that would ever happen... hahaha.. the dinner part.. not the cupcakes.. (sorry CK... for some reason i can actually see myself doing that (and ps I have.. )

Lish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home